DOT Physicals and Testing
Do you or your organization need DOT physicals and drug tests performed? A quick drive from Metro Atlanta, Gwinnett Urgent Care offers a variety of services for those needing CDL medical exams and other DOT testing. We’re open seven days a week and look forward to serving you. Give us a call or fill out our quick form today to schedule an appointment.
DOT Physical Examinations
Gwinnett Urgent Care is proud to offer DOT physicals to individuals and businesses in the Suwanee area. The Department of Transportation has regulations when it comes to commercial driver’s licenses. All CDL drivers must pass a physical examination conducted by a licensed medical examiner. These drivers must also complete drug and alcohol testing for several different reasons.
If you are an employer and wish to discuss setting up services for your CDL employees, give us a call or contact us via form to speak to our experts. We are here to serve you and your employees by making physicals and drug screenings easy!
Do I need to schedule an appointment?
Yes, an appointment is necessary. Please note that physicals cost $100 and are not covered by health insurance. Talk to your employer to see if they cover this fee.
What should I bring to a DOT physical?
- You must have a valid form of identification.
- You must bring all your current medications to the examination. This means that you need to bring the bottles that the medications are stored in or records from your physician.
- If you wear glasses or contacts, you must bring them to the examination.
- If you have been diagnosed with cardiovascular disease, you must provide us with a stress test and a written note from your Cardiologist stating that you are able to drive without restrictions.
Will I get a copy of the results and the examiners certificate (card)?
Yes, upon completion of the physical exams, you will receive a copy of the test results.
How long are DOT physicals valid?
Physicals are valid for up to 24 months. However, they can be valid for a shorter time depending on your medical conditions.
DOT Drug Tests and Alcohol Breath Testing
Gwinnett Urgent Care provides drug and alcohol breath testing services, as well. It is our job to make this process as easy as possible and get you back to work!
Why do DOT employees need drug tests?
There are several reasons that a driver would need a DOT drug test or alcohol breath test. Below is a list of those reasons:
- Pre-Employment: Employers must receive a negative drug test result before a CDL driver can operate a CMV.
- Post-Accident: Drug and alcohol testing are required after accidents involving a commercial driver.
- Return to Duty: A commercial driver is required to pass a drug and alcohol screening after they have tested positive, refused testing, or who have otherwise violated prohibitions. The test is directly observed and is required to return to work.
- Random: CDL drivers must be randomly tested throughout the year. As an employer, you can set this up and send your employees directly to our facility.
- Reasonable Suspicion: Any driver who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol can be sent to us for immediate testing.
Schedule an Appointment
Conveniently located in Suwanee, we often see patients from the surrounding Gwinnett County area as well as Metro Atlanta. If you are an employer and wish to set up an account for your drivers, please give us a call or contact us via email. We would love to know how we can serve you and your employees.
To make your appointment faster, you can fill out the DOT Physical and Drug Screen Form in advance. We look forward to seeing you!